Invest in the Aquatics Center!
The Camp Prairie Schooner Aquatics Center
Including All-Season Shower House
81% of the philanthropic support needed has been secured to date and we recently received a challenge grant from The J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation!
You can help us meet the Mabee challenge of raising the balance of funds needed for this exciting project! Help us get to 100%! Please make your gift today!
The new Aquatics Center will:
- Upgrade one of the oldest pools in our area to include a multifaceted swim area with a splash pad, climbing wall and space for canoe/kayak training
- Include a zero-entry feature, ensuring complete ADA compliance
- Increase the pool size and quadruple the gathering and instructional space surrounding the pool
The All-Season Shower House will:
- Allow for year-round use of restroom and shower facilities in a central location, accessible to all campers
- Transform the current open shower area to a fully equipped and modern facility with private toilets, showers, family restrooms and a locker room
Invest and have your name a part of the Aquatics Center:
- Put your, a Girl Scout’s, or troop’s name on a locker in the
All-Season Shower House for $1,000
- Put your, a Girl Scout’s, or troop’s name on a paver leading into
the Aquatics Center for $500 or $250+
- All gifts are appreciated and help create lasting memories for thousands of Girl Scouts today and into the future. Your gift of any amount will be recognized as part of this project.
Your investment will:
- Increase our capacity to serve more girls from all walks of life
and abilities for generations to come
- Ensure that the girls who visit, especially lower-income girls who lack regular exposure to water, learn more, grow more and have more fun with the improved aquatic experiences
- Provide girls and volunteers who visit Camp Prairie Schooner year-round access to modern bathrooms and showers
- Generate more mission-supporting revenue by attracting new and returning campers with the expanded experiences
Invest in G.I.R.L.s. Change the World!
To learn more, contact Vanessa Van Goethem-Piela at (816) 759-3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.