Girl Empowerment Virtual Tech Camp
This week-long virtual camp will take the girls on a journey creating a game everyday! They will learn to code using the Scratch program that will provide them with confidence as their game building skills progress each day. They will also learn about Robotics and how Robots are created, discover how the Internet works, and how to stay safe online. The goal is to have fun, learn to code, and encourage STEM participation. Curiosity and creativity are the only requirements- no experience necessary. Recommended Age: 7-14
- Each girl must have a laptop that is connected to the internet. Laptops are available for $25 per week for camp usage.
- Create a scratch account BEFORE the day of the event: https://scratch.mit.edu/join
- Be sure to write down your username and password and be logged in before the session begins.
- We will use Zoom to deliver our live game coding session. Please test before the time of the class to ensure that your system work with zoom. https://zoom.us/test
- System requirements for Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/info/faq/#about-scratch
Cost per Girl: $99
Registration Requirements: All girls participating as a Girl Scout in this activity must be registered Girl Scout members. If attending as a troop, all volunteers also need to be registered members and/or have completed and approved background checks. If non-registered individuals (adults or tags) are allowed to participate in this activity supplemental insurance is required. Use the Insurance Purchase Form to purchase insurance at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is for GSKSMO registered Girl Scouts only.
- Badges may be purchased by emailing email@example.com after the camp is over.
Badge Connections: Brownie: Coding Basics, Junior: Coding Basics, Cadette: Coding Basics