Simple Meals Part 2
Step up your skills with your Natural Grocers Nutritional Health Coach. Let’s talk about Dessert! Why is it important? What makes a good dessert? Can dessert be healthy? When should you eat dessert? We are baking Apple Muffins!
Juniors working on their Simple Meals badge will complete step 4. If you would like additional help completing the rest of the badge steps, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional info: This is a virtual workshop. Once you have registered, you will receive the Zoom meeting link.
This event is for GSKSMO registered Girl Scouts only.
Cost per girl: Workshop is free + cost of ingredients
- 2 large apples chopped
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon works too)
- 3 TBSP maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP organic butter, softened
Participants are welcome to use ingredients from home and make substitutions as needed.
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- 1 muffin tin (12 regular sized muffins)
- Paring knife
- 1 spoons
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups (teaspoon, tablespoon, 1 cup)
Questions? Contact the Natural Grocers Nutritional Health Coach in your area.
Badge Connections: Junior Badge: Simple Meals
Outcomes: Displays positive values, Seeks challenges and learns from setback, Forms and maintains healthy relationships