Health by Chocolate
Learn about the health benefits of chocolate, the nutrition and sustainability and fair-trade issues related to chocolate all while making yummy Choco-Doodle-Doos. Come ready to make this recipe with us! Brownies working on their Snacks badge can complete step 3.
Safety Info: Parental assistance recommended for younger girls when heating chocolate in microwave and using the skillet on the stove top, depending on skill level.
Additional info: This is a virtual workshop. Once you have registered, you will receive the Microsoft Teams meeting link 2-3 days before the workshop.
Cost per girl: Workshop is free. Girls will need to purchase the ingredients.
- 1 12oz Nutivia Coconut Oil
- 1 16oz NGVC Chocolate Chips
- 1 2oz Simply Organic Vanilla
- 1 16oz NGVC Almond Butter or sun butter if have nut allergy
- 1 6oz NGVC Sweetened Cherries
- 1 16oz NGVC Shredded Coconut
- 1 10oz Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps
Brand substitutions can be made as needed.
- Double boiler or bowl and saucepan or microwave safe bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups 1, ½, ¼, and 1/3 sizes
- Tablespoon and teaspoon
- Bowl to mix the mixer in (hold 4 cups easily)
- Spoon or spatula to stir with (2)
- Hot pad
- Paper or kitchen towel
- Small bowl
- Whisk/whip for stirring chocolate as it melts
Questions? Contact the Natural Grocers Nutritional Health Coach in your area.
Badge Connections: Brownie Badge: Snacks
If you would like additional help completing the rest of the badge steps, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outcomes: Develops a strong sense of self, Displays positive values, Seeks challenges and learns from setback, Forms and maintains healthy relationships, Learns to identify and solve problems in her community
Learn more about the 5 Girl Scout outcomes.