School Supply Drive Drop-Off
Calling all Girl Scouts! We are looking for partners to help us spread the word about our annual school supply drive. Many schools throw lots of usable school supplies in the landfill at the end of the year, and other schools struggle to get the supplies they need for their students without teachers paying for them out of pocket. We aim to change that, and your participation will help us keep Kansas City a little greener! Our School Supply Drive is intended to keep usable materials out of the landfill, provide homeless and community members the opportunity to work together to repurpose supplies and to redistribute these materials to teachers, for free.
We will be collecting, repurposing and distributing the supplies at our location on Roanoke Road. The following information is pertinent for school leaders who will be overseeing the supply drive at the end of the year. Because of the vast amounts of materials we will receive, lift and move, please follow the instructions as closely as possible so that we can facilitate a smooth donation and repurposing process.
- Boxes for collection should be no larger than 16”x16”x16” and must be closed before donating.
- We will provide signs to place on each box before students begin donating.
- Please make sure the students understand how to neatly place their materials in the appropriate box.
- Close and label all boxes before donating.
- You will need to transport all donations to our location at 3269 Roanoke Road, Kansas City, MO 64111 on May 27, June 3, or June 10 between 10:00am and 5:00pm. We will have volunteers to unload your donations.
In addition to school supplies, we are also encouraging your families to donate their excess craft supplies during your collection period.
Volunteers are needed to help repurpose the materials during the summer and hope that your school community will embrace this opportunity to care for Kansas City metro schools. We will provide further information about volunteer sign ups in May.
Could you reach out to your school principal about collecting school supplies at the end of this school year? We are able answer any questions, and will provide digital copies of signs for the boxes capturing the supplies.
How to Register: Please review GSKSMO's registration requirements before registering. Registration is not required. Please bring your supplies during the designated days and times.
Questions?: Contact Brenda Mott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outcomes: Displays positive values, Learns to identify and solve problems in her community.
Learn more about the 5 Girl Scout Outcomes.