ACES Service Event with Harvesters
ACES Girl Scouts, join as we volunteer at the Harvesters Volunteer Engagement Center. The Volunteer Engagement Center is a vital part of Harvesters’ mission to mobilize the power of our community to create equitable access to nutritious food and address the root causes and impact of hunger. In this area, volunteers sort and repack food, which assists Harvesters in feeding more than 226,000 neighbors each month. Volunteer tasks are assigned based on product availability and project prioritization. Opportunities include:
- Sorting and boxing nonperishable food
- Packing fresh produce
- Sorting and boxing bread
- Repacking ready-to-eat food and bulk products
- May include refrigerated or meat products
- Packing BackSnack
- Long pants and close toe shoes are required.
- To be prepared no matter what the level of community transmission, we encourage all volunteers and visitors to be prepared to wear a mask when coming to our facility to volunteer.
- Please bring a cell phone or other digital device (if possible) for a hunger awareness.
Location: Harvesters' Kansas City facility, 3801 Topping Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64129
Cost per person: N/A
Questions: Contact Michelle Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outcomes: Displays positive values. Forms and maintains healthy relationships, Learns to identify and solve problems in her community.
Learn more about the 5 Girl Scout outcomes.
About this partner: Harvesters mobilizes the power of our community to create equitable access to nutritious food and address the root causes and impact of hunger.