Helping Hands Humane Society
As advocates for animal welfare, Helping Hands Humane Society, Inc. provides sanctuary for animals in need of compassionate care and protection. We accept responsibility for:
- Fostering the adoption of healthy animals into responsible homes and reuniting lost animals with their owners
- Reducing overpopulation by promoting sterilization of animals
- Providing an accessible facility with effective leadership and well-trained staff
- Serving the community through education and addressing animal welfare issues
- Maintaining a fiscally responsible organization by adhering to the highest standards of integrity
Additional Information: If you have special requests for volunteer activities or learning components, please communicate this to us before your scheduled event.
Cost Per Person: Either a financial donation in the amount of $5 or one of the following donated items:
- A bag or box of cat litter (any brand)
- Kong Classic dog toy
- Pooper scooper (one-piece variety preferred)
- Multipack of paper towels
- Colored copy paper (light varieties of orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, purple, etc.)
- White cardstock
- Hotdogs and cheese (blocks or string) for dog training
- Tuna or meat baby food for cat training
Address: 5720 SW 21st St Topeka, KS 66604
Registration Requirements: All girls participating as a Girl Scout in this activity must be registered Girl Scout members. If attending as a troop, all volunteers also need to be registered members and/or have completed and approved background checks. If non-registered individuals (adults or tags) are allowed to participate in this activity supplemental insurance is required. Use the Insurance Purchase Form to purchase insurance at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU SCHEDULE IT! OPPORTUNITIES:
Daisy’s will learn how to “read” animals and begin to understand what their pets are trying to say to them. We will also go over how to properly give and show love to animals in a way that works well for those animals.
How to Register: Contact Justin Brokar at 785-233-7325 or at email@example.com to arrange an event time, date, and activity schedule.
Journey Connections: Daisy 5 Flowers 4 Stories 3 Cheers for
Pets and Animal Welfare
Time: Tuesdays through Saturday between 11:30 a.m. -6 p.m.
Girl Scouts will visit the Helping Hands Humane Society where they will participate in a volunteer activity and do hands-on projects that will help the Girl Scouts take one or two steps towards completing their “Animal Helpers” or “Pets” badge.
How to Register: Contact Emi Griess at 785-233-7325 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an event time, date, and activity schedule.
Badge Connections: Brownie Pets, Cadette Animal Helpers