Building the next generation of women who change the world through science, technology, engineering and math!
How do STEM Institutes benefit me and my troop?
Troop leaders who register for the Institute agree to complete the age-level Journey during the program year, and will receive the following benefits for their troop:
- Girls will build skills and excitement in STEM
- Leaders receive in-person training on Journey materials and hands-on activities
- Adult guide, girl book and curriculum supplement for each Institute participant
- Each girl registered to that program-level troop will receive a girl book
- Ongoing support and communication from GSKSMO STEM staff
2017 institutes are complete.
Important information for all Institutes:
- These are troop leader trainings – girls will not be able to attend with their leader
- All Institutes will be from 9am-3pm, with a 1 hour lunch break
- Once an Institute fills, please email Kate Hood to be placed on a waitlist.
- There will be a $10 reservation fee. This reservation fee is completely refundable if you cancel 72 hours prior to your Institute.
- You will receive the adult leader set ($11.25 value), and girl books ($7 each) for every girl registered to your troop. You must be present for the entire training Institute in order to receive the Journey materials.
- If your troop has two leaders, please just register once, and email Kate Hood to add the co- or assistant leader to the roster. This way we can provide Journey materials to more troops.
- STEM Program staff will work with you throughout the year to support you in making the Journey a success.
For more information contact Kate Hood.