Girl Scout volunteers ROCK! Every day, our volunteers make fun, friendship, and awesome new experiences possible for girls.
Troop Leaders: Learn more about receiving the LEAD(er) Recognition
STAFF AND SERVICE TEAM SELECTED AWARDS
These are presented during service unit meetings. Throughout the year, service unit support managers in partnership with service team leaders and other GSKSMO staff members will recognize multiple volunteers for their efforts in supporting Girl Scouts grow their leadership skills. In addition to the awards presentation, the service unit is encouraged to share via its social media and there may be council level social media recognition.
COUNCIL LEVEL RECOGNITION
Council level recognition includes awards that are recognized across the Girl Scout Movement like the Appreciation Pin or Thanks Badge. Each year, our council accepts nominations and a selections committee comprised of volunteer peers recommends the honorees.
- Thanks Badge, Thanks Badge II, Honor Pin and Appreciation Pin honorees will receive recognition at Inspire a Girl on March 29, 2020. This recognition includes a ticket each for the honoree and guest, special volunteer celebration space with food and drink and call out on screen, in program and from the stage at the Gold Award Ceremony.
- Community/Corporate Partnership and President’s Award honorees will receive recognition on screen and in the program during the Gold Award Ceremony at Inspire a Girl. We will utilize our council social media to recognize all these awards and additional recognition will occur during service unit meetings.
SERVICE UNIT RECOGNITION
Volunteer peers in one service unit can recognize one another. Most service units host an awards ceremony or gathering to recognize volunteers within its jurisdiction.
Adult Recognition Awards Info and Nomination Process
Girl Scout volunteers are valuable assets and deserve to have their time and talents recognized! Most service units have recognition chairs to facilitate service unit and council level awards. If you would like to nominate a volunteer for recognition, please download the procedures and form below:
Each year, our council accepts nominations, a selections committee reviews and recommends the honorees and then we present the awards at our volunteer appreciation event.
Here's the nomination timeline:
- Sept-Jan: Download and distribute award descriptions and nomination forms.
- Feb: Council Level Award nominations due by Feb 17. Selection committee meets and recommends nominations. Nominators and honorees receive notification.
- By Mar 18: Nominators may submit additional congratulatory letters and/or cards for awards packets.
- March 29-May: Volunteer recognition occurs at Inspire a Girl, service unit and council-wide social media.
Appreciation Pin Description
Community Partnership and Corporate Partnership Award
Council Level Award Nomination Form
Honor Pin Description
President's Award (Option 1) Nomination Form
President's Award (Option 2) Nomination Form
President's Award (Options 1 & 2) Descriptions
Thanks Badge Description
Thanks Badge II Description
Below are the award descriptions, nomination form and other details on nominating a volunteer to receive recognition within the service unit.