National Council Session
The National Council Session, which is the Girl Scouts of USA triennial business meeting will take place from Wednesday, October 21 – Friday October 23, 2020 in Orlando Florida.
Application process to be a delegate to the National Council Session is open from November 20 - December 10, 2019
Individuals selected as delegates must be:
- A United States citizen
- A member of the Girl Scout movement in the United States
- Age 14 or older
- A member of the council for whom they will be serving as a delegate
OUR 2020 DELEGATES:
- Joy Wheeler, CEO (staff)
- Mary Jorgenson, Board of Directors Chair (Volunteer)
- Carmen Gleason, COO (staff)
- Amy Rothery-Colin, (staff & adult volunteer) - Liberty, Mo.
- Malinda Kieffer, (adult volunteer) - Chillicothe, Mo.
- Leesa Gabel (adult volunteer) - Olathe, Kan.
- Sandie Coombs (adult volunteer) - Overland Park, Kan.
- Leslie Goodin (adult volunteer) - DeSoto, Kan.
- Sophia Rothery (girl member) - Liberty, Mo.
- Ashlee Gabel (girl member) - Olathe, Kan.
- Marissa Johnson (girl member) - Kansas City, Mo.
- Katelin Gregoire (girl member) - Lee's Summit, Mo.
- Madison Kieffer (girl member) - Chillicothe, Mo.
- Study business items, recommendations etc
- Attend meetings conducted by the council
- Be prepared to represent a broad view of our council’s members’ voices (this includes teen Girl Scouts)
- Become informed on:
- Facts about Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri and the Girl Scouts of USA
- Blue Book of Basic Documents
- Parliamentary Procedure (Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised)
- Participate in webinars/teleconferences hosted by the National Council
- Attend all business meetings at the National Council Session
- Be prepared for business items
Girl Scouts of the USA has not released total cost but registration does open in January 2020. GSKSMO will underwrite the cost of the registration fee for the National Council Session / Convention entrance.
Selected GSKSMO delegates will be responsible for the following costs:
- Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the delegate. We recommend air travel as parking is usually limited and daily rates high.
- GSKSMO will book following GSUSA guidelines to reserve the block of rooms at designated hotels and delegate will reimburse GSKSMO for this expense. Delegates can choose to room together. GSUSA just released the cost of per night lodging, and it will range from $209 - $279 based on what hotel block we receive and occupancy. Delegates can stay in single or up to quad occupancy.
- Meals & Incidentals