National Council Session
The National Council Session, which is the Girl Scouts of USA triennial business meeting will take place from Tuesday, July 18 – Thursday, July 20, 2023. The National Convention, Phenom by Girl Scouts will kick off on Thursday, July 20 – Saturday, July 22.
Application process to be a delegate to the National Council Session is open from April 1 – April 15, 2022
Individuals selected as delegates must be:
- A United States citizen
- A member of the Girl Scout movement in the United States
- Age 14 or older
- A member of the council for whom they will be serving as a delegate
>> APPLY NOW
- Study business items, recommendations etc
- Attend meetings conducted by the council
- Be prepared to represent a broad view of our council’s members’ voices (this includes teen Girl Scouts)
- Become informed on:
- Facts about Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri and the Girl Scouts of USA
- Blue Book of Basic Documents
- Parliamentary Procedure (Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised)
- Participate in webinars/teleconferences hosted by the National Council
- Attend all business meetings at the National Council Session
- Be prepared for business items
Girl Scouts of the USA has not released total cost at this time. GSKSMO will underwrite the cost of the registration fee for the National Council Session / Convention entrance.
Selected GSKSMO delegates will be responsible for the following costs:
- Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the delegate. We recommend air travel as parking is usually limited and daily rates high.
- GSKSMO will book following GSUSA guidelines to reserve the block of rooms at designated hotels and delegate will reimburse GSKSMO for this expense. Delegates can choose to room together. GSUSA has not released lodging costs at this date. Orlando rates during this time range from $150 - $225 depending on where our hotel block may be assigned. Delegates can stay in single or up to quad occupancy.
- Meals & Incidentals