Babysitting can be a great money earning or service activity. Below
are guidelines troop must follow when planning a babysitting event.
- This money earning project can only be done by Cadettes and
above. Girls must be at least 2 years older than the oldest child
they are watching.
- Must take place in a public facility
like church or school.
- No children less than 2 years
- Event cannot be longer than 4 hours.
- If the activity is a money earning activity, request council
permission at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
proper adult ratios. The minimum age requirement for children
participating in babysitting events is 2 years old.
| ||Two unrelated adults (at least one of whom
is female) for up to this number of children: ||Plus
one additional adult for each additional number of up to
this many children: |
|Children between 2 years old and Kindergarten ||6
|Daisies (grades K–1) ||12 ||6 |
|Brownies (grades 2–3) |
|20 ||8 |
|Juniors (grades 4–5) ||25 ||10 |
|Cadettes (grades 6–8) ||25 ||12 |
|Seniors (grades 9–10) ||30 ||15 |
|Ambassadors (grades 11–12) ||30 ||15 |
Please note that older girls who will be watching the younger
children count as girls in the ratios. For example if you have 10
children under Kindergarten and 5 Cadettes you will need a minimum
of 4 adults.
- Ensure all adults have background checks and volunteer
applications on file.
- Purchase additional insurance for all
non-members (adults and children) at least 2 weeks prior to the
- If parents are not on the premise, collect health
histories and permission slips for each child.
- An adult who
is first aid/CPR certified is required to be at the event. This
adult must also have a background check and volunteer application on
- Establish check-in/check-out process.