Through the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls as young as five develop these five essential skills that will help them be successful today and throughout their lives:
- Goal setting: Girls learn to create a plan to reach their goals.
- Decision making: Girls learn to make decisions on their own and as a team.
- Money management: Girls learn to create a budget and handle money.
- People skills: Girls find their voice and up their confidence through customer interactions that build relationships.
- Business ethics: Girls learn to act responsibly and honestly, both in business and in life.
Check out our 5 Skills for Girls Toolkit to see how you can foster these keys to success with your troop.
But the exciting skill building isn’t just tied to the cookies themselves! Girls continue to hone their entrepreneurial skills and go-getting spirit by earning Cookie Business badges and Financial Literacy badges.
Learn more about our council’s Cookie Program, including great resources.
Before your cookie bosses open shop, be sure to check out these helpful resources that will empower you to:
- Manage your troop’s funds.
- Learn how girls participate in money earning.
- Discover how your troop can reach its financial goals.
- Understand just how much your girls are capable of by grade level and how their entrepreneurial skills progress.