It’s Time to SHOW THE LOVE!
Volunteer Appreciation 2021
At Girl Scouts of NE Kansas and NW Missouri, we value and recognize the contributions of our volunteers. These INCREDIBLE individuals are critical to the Girl Scout experience serving as troop leaders, helpers, service unit team members, Cookie Program managers, day camp team members, trainers and more. Girl Scout volunteers work hard to offer opportunities for girls to explore their interests, discover new things, develop leadership skills and to reach their full potential.
April is National Volunteer Month!
Showing love and appreciation for volunteers is a Girl Scout tradition. Join us in celebrating our inspiring volunteers during National Volunteer Month and on April 22, Leader Appreciation Day. Take a few minutes to say thank you to the special volunteers in your life. Not sure how to show your appreciation? Here are a few ideas to get started!
So many ways to say thank-you!
Make it girl-led! Talk to your girl about appreciation and let her choose how to say thank you. Maybe she would like to...
- Write a poem
- Make a video
- Sing a song
- Draw a picture
- Make cookies
- Give flowers or a plant
- Shout out! Give them a shout out on social media. Volunteers can add a 'Proud to be a GS Volunteer' frame to their Facebook profile picture by selecting the "Add Frame" tab and searching for "Girl Scout Volunteer."
- Call or Facetime your leader to say thank you
- Customize one of
these thank you cards to share your thoughts:
Older Girls | Younger Girls
- Team up with other troop families to purchase a token of appreciation for your volunteer from the Girl Scout Shop—plus, when you use code VOLUNTEER2021, you’ll get a sweet 10% off!
- When it comes to showing gratitude, we’ve got this!
Need more ideas?
- Follow GSKSMO on Pinterest and check out our Volunteer Appreciation board
- Visit GSUSA's Girl Scouts at Home for more ideas starting April 1